God on Tap Tonight: Let Us Pray...
Join us tonight, October 25th, at 7:30pm upstairs at Forest & Main Brewing Company for God on Tap, where we will be talking about prayer.
Prayer is one of the core religious practices across the worlds religions, but one we have not yet discussed at God on Tap. So, here we go!
- What role does prayer play (or not) in your spiritual life?
- Why do you pray? How do you pray? What affect does it have on you? Or, why don’t you pray?
Soren Kirkegaard once wrote that “The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays.” Does that ring true?
- Does prayer change God’s mind, change what happens in the world, or just change us?
- Have you ever been disappointed when something you prayed for didn’t happen? How did you deal with it?
There are many ways to pray: silently, within a group, using icons, writing, walking, enumerating our concerns, giving thanks….
As a spiritual practice, prayer seems endlessly customizable to the one praying, and flexible enough to change with us over the course of our lives.
- Has prayer changed for you through the seasons of your life? How?
I’m looking forward to hearing your take tonight. See you then!